Location: Remote, US or Bulgaria
About the Company
Are you ready to shape the customer experience for a groundbreaking cloud database platform? Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies to help customers manage and grow their databases in the cloud?
SkySQL, Inc. is revolutionizing the way businesses manage their data in the cloud. We’re on a mission to provide a seamless, powerful, and user-centric Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) solution that sets new industry standards. SkySQL is a Multi-cloud Database-as-a-Service platform offering, specializing in managing MariaDB, one of the most popular open-source relational database systems.
SkySQL is more than just a database; it’s a comprehensive and innovative platform that delivers continuous availability, autonomous operation, and serverless capabilities. We’re redefining the database experience to make it more accessible, intuitive, and efficient than ever before.
About the Team:
We are a distributed team of engineers across US, Bulgaria and India that works on building DBaaS(database-as-a-service), a cloud based SaaS product offered by SkySQL.
About the Role:
- Design, develop, and test major features of our cloud infrastructure.
- Work as part of a broader team to ensure the right and best product gets built.
- Interact with other product development groups in the company to build new features and bring out business value for our customers.
- Support other divisions of SkySQL Inc, with technical skill and experience.
- Be part of the team.
- Minimum 5 years experience as DevOps engineer
- Minimum 7 years total experience in software development industry
- Experience running Kubernetes clusters on production
- Experience running multi-cloud monitoring systems
- Experience with Databases(RDBMSs)
- Experience supporting a PaaS, IaaS, DBaaS, etc
- Experience with AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Hands on experience with technologies like Terraform , Helm and GitOps
- Excellent knowledge on Linux/Unix
- Experience with Cloud Networking
- Experience coding in one or more of the following languages: Go, Python or Bash
- Experience working with Kubernetes in production multi-cloud environments
- Experience with MariaDB/MySQL
- Experience with Prometheus, Grafana, Cortex and Thanos
- Experience with ArgoCD
- Advanced experience with Google Cloud and AWS
- Familiarity with the CNCF stack
- Kubernetes certification
- Docker certification
- Google Cloud, AWS, and/or Azure certification
- Networking knowledge/certification(s)
- Excellent technical communication skills, the ability to elaborate complex technical concepts and collaborate effectively with fellow engineers.
- Language requirement: English, our corporate language.
- Problem-solving mindset.
- A passion for high quality software and ability to work with a small team in a distributed company.
What’s in it for You?
Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies. Be part of a highly motivated team within a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the- box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom – along with the personal responsibility these come with.