Location: Remote US
About the Company
Are you ready to shape the customer experience for a groundbreaking cloud database platform? Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies to help customers manage and grow their databases in the cloud?
SkySQL, Inc. is revolutionizing the way businesses manage their data in the cloud. We’re on a mission to provide a seamless, powerful, and user-centric Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) solution that sets new industry standards. SkySQL is a Multi-cloud Database-as-a-Service platform offering, specializing in managing MariaDB, one of the most popular open-source relational database systems.
SkySQL is more than just a database; it’s a comprehensive and innovative platform that delivers continuous availability, autonomous operation, and serverless capabilities. We’re redefining the database experience to make it more accessible, intuitive, and efficient than ever before.
About the Team:
We are a distributed team of engineers across US, Bulgaria and India that works on building DBaaS(database-as-a-service), a cloud based SaaS product offered by SkySQL.
About the Role:
- Develop various components and microservices for cloud based DBaaS infrastructure.
- Own the components from development to production deployment.
- Identify performance problems and develop solutions to fix them.
- Collaborate with Product, Support, DevOps, and architects in designing highly secure infrastructure.
- Implement high quality, secure and robust applications with optimal performance in a fast paced environment.
- Lead and mentor junior team members.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or higher
- 8+ years of experience in software development with 5+ years in distributed software development
- Deep understanding of algorithms & data structures and their runtime complexities.
- Strong understanding of OS Internals and networking
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes in public cloud
- Proficiency in any of C/C++, Java, Python or Go
- Experience working with any of GCP/AWS/Azure
Skills that will give you an edge:
- Understanding of Databases(RDBMSs) and its performance, experience with MariaDB/MySQL
- Development experience in the Unix/Linux environment
- Python, Go
- Google Cloud, AWS, and/or Azure
- Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform
- Microservices, REST API