Location: Remote US
About the Company
Are you ready to shape the customer experience for a groundbreaking cloud database platform? Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies to help customers manage and grow their databases in the cloud?
SkySQL is revolutionizing the way businesses manage their data in the cloud. We’re on a mission to provide a seamless, powerful, and user-centric Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) solution that sets new industry standards. SkySQL is a Multi-cloud Database-as-a-Service platform offering, specializing in managing MariaDB, one of the most popular open-source relational database systems.
SkySQL is more than just a database; it’s a comprehensive and innovative platform that delivers continuous availability, autonomous operation, and serverless capabilities. We’re redefining the database experience to make it more accessible, intuitive, and efficient than ever before.
As a SkySQL Cloud DB Support Engineer, you directly interface with our customers each and every day to help their business, users and customers succeed and grow.
We believe technical support is not just a job, but a calling. The cloud is the future of computing. We spend most of our time solving issues that go far beyond simple “break/fix” support or documentation lookup. Our goal is to provide the very best support experience for our customers who trusted us by deploying their business critical workloads into the SkySQL cloud.
About the Team:
We are a distributed team of engineers across US, Bulgaria and India that works on building DBaaS(database-as-a-service), a cloud based SaaS product offered by SkySQL.
About the Role:
- Be the company’s champion and work with the customers in understanding and solving their issues.
- Work with the SREs/DevOps team to build and improve the support tooling needed for support activities.
- Become the go-to person for MariaDB DBA functions.
- Work diligently to help maintain contractual obligations with the customers.
- 5+ years of MariaDB or MySQL database administration / support / maintenance experience.
- Passion for serving customers and solving technical problems.
- Expert knowledge of MariaDB/MySQL Server and related tools.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and query optimization.
- In depth knowledge of database design, database internals and architecture.
- Solid understanding of database backup and recovery, replication and migration techniques.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of Kubernetes is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills especially with the customers.
- Experience working remotely.
Skills that will give you an edge:
- Good understanding of public clouds(AWS/GCP) and cloud technologies.
- Working experience of Kubernetes in public clouds, EKS and GKE.